Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Whats the Fall, with out Football?

I love football.  A lot.
It probably comes from growing up in a small town, where just like in old America, high school sports are a viable source of entertainment. For me, I think I liked the tradition, the spirit, the competition, and the community that surrounds the game. I remember the feelings leading up to Friday night.
Chatting about the opponent with the football coach during class.
Making signs for friends on the team.
Football friends coming to your volleyball game during the week.
Posters in the hall advertising the game.
Giving your friends a pep talk during class.
Hoping you would have a shorter practice so you could get ready for the game.
Jumping in the car, at ten till seven, and driving towards those tall, memory creating lights.
On some Friday nights,
 those football lights out shined the moon.
-Anthem - Kick-off - "Let's Move The Chains" -"Boo-Yah!" - Fight Song -

And of course, win or lose, fans on the field after the game, giving hugs and a "good game".
I have always been a spirit, and tradition kind of person, and I've always felt that there was much more harbored in those football games. Some how, just being there, all those who were watching would be bounded. And thanks to my freshman volleyball coach, I know all the words to my school's fight song. Yup, that's right. Me and my other volleyball friends were the girls sitting near the band who sang along to the fight song after every touch down. So when a song/video like "The Boys of Fall" by  Kenny Chesney comes out, it reminds me of how many red, white and black, school shirts I have. And why I still buy more, every year.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment