Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thank God It's Saturday!

Saturday Football = Music to my ears.
I unabashedly LOVE college football more than NFL. I'm pretty sure I may favor NCAA sports over all professional sports. I'm talking about the bigger sports, football, baseball, basketball. There is just so much more that is appealing to me. Maybe its the traditional rivalries, wearing a dress in  your school's colors, tail-gating, throwing up hand signs, shouting out fan phrases, maybe it's the band. I have yet to figure it out. Regardless, I watch every Saturday, win or lose, it's definitely more than entertainment.

Here's who I follow.


Arizona State University
Mama's Alma Mater, my state school loyalty. Now the PAC 10  isn't necessarily known for its storied traditions and inherited winning seasons, nor is ASU ever one of those teams. But as a true fan who doesn't flip flop, I've been a Sun Devil since day one. (Mini ASU cheerleader dress anyone?) Fork 'em.


The University of Alabama
This is one of my more recent favorites. I'd say, I got in to Tide Football about 3 years ago. I don't know how it happened but I think I was searching random things on the net, I ended up on a website about SEC football, random blogs about Bama, and basically was pulled in by the tradition and spirit of the club. I mean, who wouldn't wanna be a little speck in that sea of red CRIMSON. Its enticing. Roll Tide Roll


The University of Texas
I've been more familiar with Texas football than I have with Alabama. But this program appeals to me for much of the same reason, good football, spirit, and most importantly, quality of education. Also, they've completely made orange wearable. Hook 'em.

Honorable mention:
Texas Tech University
I like this school a lot. Lubbock is a small city with a lot of spirit. West Texas seems appealing to this Arizona girl. At one point TTU was my first choice in college picks. Tech shows that you don't have to be a BCS National Champion to be a good team with devoted followers.

Happy Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment