Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Introducing... History Thursday.

  
    History Thursday is something that I am going to attempt to start. I like history. U.S. history is my favorite. History Thursdays will consist of facts and stories about stuff that has happened in U.S. history. I might expand to world history if I feel it necessary.

    A little background about my love for the past. I took your average HIS 101 and 102 classes at the college I attend now. My only mistake in taking these two classes was the professor choice. She made herself completely unavailable to students and seemed to be doing her job half-way anyway. For one instance, we had a ten page paper due. My topic for 101 was Mormons,it basically covered their significance in U.S. history, their trek west, and the success of their establishment in the Rockies with and with out government assistance. We were to turn in our first 5 pages after four weeks of writing. Then the whole ten page, complete essay was due just two weeks later. She did not respond or give us back our papers until 3 days before our final due date! That would have been perfectly fine (not really, three days to change our entire essay if need be?!?), but don't instructors always say,

Don't wait until the last minute to turn in!   
Computer problems are not an acceptable excuse!
 ETC.

     Well..... I listened to that advice and turned in my paper 4 days before the due date. I can't remember what I had going on, on the actual due date but I know I was busy so I had to turn it in early. Therefore, I missed my instructor's comments on the first half of my paper. The comments basically told me I was kinda going in the wrong direction and needed to pay attention to the Mormon's role as minorities in America at that time. So was my paper exactly what she asked for? No. Not at all. Needless to say, I was entirely frustrated about the whole class, why did I take two classes with this instructor? I'm crazy. That's why.

     Despite my unfortunate expeirences taking my history classes, some where along the way I became enamoured of the subject. As it is, I was always kind of patriotic, and living and learning as an adult has only made me appreciate the value of learning and knowing history even more. I'm hoping History Thursday's aren't an incredible bore, but this is my blog, and I'm gonna post some good ol' stuff about American history and pop culture. Its gonna be a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment