Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas!


Merry Christmas

Tumblr_ldc5tealrs1qb0j8no1_500_large
If you knew me, you'd know this picture is SO me.

164008_1467180213466_1652392207_931974_510562_n_large


Zlobek2_large
So this is Christmas.
          Family amassed, close in spirit and body. Food is abundant and delicious. I can not express how happy I am that this day has finally come. I have unrelenting gratitude towards God for allowing me to spend one more precious Christmas with all my family. My favorite part of my family's Christmas celebration is our Secret Santa exchange. Grandma starts it off, and from then on we reveal who "got" whom. Every person's attention subtlety falls from one person to another. Each parent and child get their own few minutes of uninterrupted love and affection shown through loving laughs and grateful gazes. There is something unexplainable about the quietness in the room as you're opening your gifts. Its not awkward or boring, instead its filled considerate mindfulness, and happiness for some one that is both polite and genuine.

      The best reminder probably is that, even after all the children are done opening gifts, not matter what they received they'll all end up playing as children should play. Running around outside, out of breath, they'll just be happy to be playing with their cousins, and being with in eye's reach of their family. Its nothing like Christmas, to remind us that what we have isn't good, its great. Can't wait for Grandmama to rip the first piece of wrapping, and get the memories started.

No comments:

Post a Comment