Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010


3018672782_d6746ddf69_large
via
     
      Any other Thanksgiving, you'd find me in my sleepy Arizona town getting ready for a gathering with about 50 of my closest family members. My grandmother the matriarch and her 8 daughters and 3 sons will be waking up to get their families dressed, and  food cooked. We'd mostly likely be in charge of a side dish and one of the turkeys. Yes, that's right, one of.  We usually have about 3 although we will probably barely only get to eat two. The last one will get divided up or given to my Grandma, and a few people will "finish it up" at breakfast the next day or three. All my family will show up with their dishes 30 minutes to an hour late, because that's just how they are. But the food will be delicious, the house will be warm, laughs will be loud, Grace will be long, old family videos will be embarrassing, and the evening ending Scrabble game will be competitive. The kids will play out side, color turkeys, and only come in to eat some pumpkin pie, *Extra Whipped Cream*.

     The best part will be seeing my grandmother smile and enjoy her day. Because she is in fact, the reason our large family still gets together.

     This year I'll miss all that. My immeadiate family will be traveling today. My mother, (7th born child, 5th born daughter) brother and I will be joining my sister in Los Angeles for Thanksgiving. After having a rough two months, we knew it would be neccesary for us four to be together. So as soon as my brother gets off his 24 hour shift as an EMT, we will be driving west to Los Angeles. Usually it takes about 7 hours from Phoenix, but we're expecting to get there in 8 or 9 since we have to drive all the way through THE PHX. Its gonna be rough, but it'll be worth hitting up the hotel and making our way to my sister's apartment. I can' wait to have some fun with her.

    But I wish I was going to be here to see my grandma!

Happy Thanksgiving!


Tumblr_kvpkrbekwo1qzczc7o1_400_large
Lol.. I love FRIENDS. via


No comments:

Post a Comment