Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, November 12, 2010

Don't Forget Thanksgiving!

I love the "holiday season". But I also appreciate celebrating any holiday on its own. I once heard Thanksgiving/Christmas/NewYears nicknamed "The Trinity". (Which brings up something else that I don't afree with, because as any Catholic knows, the Holy Trinity consists of the Father, his Son, and The Holy Spirit.) Some people lump it all in one. I like to keep the individuality of each occasion. Although I celebrate the occasions with basically the same people, there are differences. I understand that it is easier for people to just lump it all together, but I believe there is a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Most specifically, holiday music, I feel, should be reserved to the week of Thanksgiving and after. Don't get me wrong, I love me some 'Jingle Bell Rock', but I like to harbor the songs until Christmas is 100% percent of my holiday focus. I guess this blog can be considered my advocacy for Thanksgiving, because when you stop and think about it, it is definitely overlooked.

I used to work at a Michael's, and I know that in August, we set up for Halloween. And by Halloween we already had Christmas music playing, annoying glittered pinecones, cinnamon and pine scented everything, all out on display. That was annoying. I distinctly remembered customers getting angry that glitter from the gold dusted poinsettia's had made their autumn leaves sparkle. What I really wanted to say to them was, "I KNOW, right? Who forgets about Thanksgiving?!" But of course I couldn't. To this day I think Thanksgiving is the red-headed stepchild of holidays. I guess I just don't wanna get burnt out on the Christmas tunes too soon. With Thanksgiving coming up soon, I'm getting excited to hear those sleigh bells infiltrate my radio and holiday spirit.

I leave you with this quote :

"While these other holidays may not have their own catchy tunes, they deserve the same respect and reverence that we afford Christmas.Thanksgiving and Halloween should have their own turf, but Christmas and its music are taking over. It needs to stop."
From this article

No comments:

Post a Comment